Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Who says Topps doesn't listen?

I got an e-mail from Topps this morning (as I'm sure many of you did) about this.

2012 Topps Mini Cards.

Holy Guacamole!  I didn't think I would be buying any more Topps this year (with the exception of Update), may have to rethink that strategy.

But upon further inspection, this product will only be available on-line, and at 661 cards, you need to buy 3 boxes (@ $50 + s&h), and get near perfect collation.  This may become a toss up.  Let someone else take the hit on the boxes and just buy the set and singles I need.

Your thoughts?

3 comments:

  1. I think I'll just let somebody else bust the boxes and buy a team set and the singles I want.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have two concerns with this. 1) This eventually winds up out on the open market after all the suckers buy their boxes on-line and the price becomes less than $50 a box. 2) This is an extremely limited offer, making the boxes that much more valuable.

      Right now, I'm torn. I'm considering ordering 4 or 5 boxes, but that's a lot of jing.

      Delete
  2. I'm torn. I love ripping open packs, but I know if I'm not going to build the set it's just not worth buying a box(es). I think I'll take Ryan's path and just wait for the singles to hit the market...though I'm still awfully tempted to grab one box.

    ReplyDelete